Tuesday 7 January 2014

Meet our new DT Members - Erica Houghton and Helen Wallace

Hello Everyone

We have such exciting news to share with you! We have 2 new Design Team Members.
These 2 ladies are really so very talented and I am personally so thrilled that they have joined our team.

So firstly a HUGE welcome to Erica Houghton.


Here is what Erica had to tell us about herself.

Hi!! 
My name is Erica Houghton. My husband, Ben, and I live outside of Washington DC in Stone Ridge, Virginia. When I’m not working or sitting in traffic :) you can find me in my scrapbook room creating. I’m addicted to patterned paper so I’ve resorted to using lots of layers in order to use all of the wonderful papers that come in each collection. I never feel my pages are complete until I’ve added flowers, machine stitching, and usually LOTS of bling (I love glitter, rhinestones, and anything else that has glitz, glamour and a lot of sparkle). I mostly make 12x12 layouts but have expanded my interest into card and tag making, along with a mini album every now and then. 

I am on the DT at Sketchabilities and Flying Unicorn, and am very excited to be joining Scrap Africa! You can find me at http://ericahoughton.blogspot.com/or https://www.facebook.com/erica.houghton8, so be sure to pop over and say ‘hello’.

To give you a little taste of Erica's work, have a look at these fabulous projects.




Please pop over to Erica's blog and see all the wonderful eye candy! ;-)


Secondly, a BIG BIG welcome to Helen Wallace.

[DSC_Avatar.jpg]


Hi, I’m Helen and I live in Adelaide, South Australia with my husband, who is my best friend and soul mate.  I have three adult sons and four grand children; almost always the subjects of my scrapping. I love to travel, take photographs, eat good food and drink wonderful wine. 
I have been scrap booking for quite a few years when I decided to make an album for our oldest son’s birthday.  Little did I know that it would become a daily obsession and require a studio to house all my stash. 
It’s important to me to pass on the stories of a different era, to put flesh on the bones of my ancestors so they are much more than just a stern black and white image. I want my Grand children to know how different life was when I grew up and the sacrifices their Great Grandparent made to keep food on the table.
I love everything about scrap booking.  The photos and papers, the card stock, the ribbons, the buttons and trims, the mists, paints and stencils.  I love the "playing" which allows my inner child to be creative.  I love getting messy and experimenting with new techniques  never quite knowing what might evolve.
I want my boys to know that their "old cheese" (moi) was once young and gorgeous too; that life is fleeting, so they should find time in each day to nurture their spirits.  I’ve learned to take better photographs to capture the spirit of our grand children. Their stories are recorded so they will know how much they are loved and enjoyed by their grandparents.  
Scrap booking fills a hole in my heart that I didn’t know was there.
Here is some of what we can look forward to ;-)))
Helen is an amazing story teller and I know that I can certainly learn from her! ;-) 
So welcome Erica and Helen, we really look forward to working with you and seeing all the wonderful projects you create!
pssssssst...... we will be back very soon with some more exciting news! ;-)
x




5 comments:

  1. Welcome to our group ladies, happy to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Erica and Helen. We are all looking forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome ladies, cannot wait to see your creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome ladies, looking forward to work with you and to see your lovely creations.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...